Thursday, February 3, 2011

I am an artist. what else can I say...

I've given this a lot of thought...

I do not need to rediscover someone new...
find hidden talents...
or
unveil the "true" me.

I AM AN ARTIST

Not a writer...
a poet...
a singer...
and definitely not a dancer!

Not to say, I don't enjoy trying...
BUT
IT IS NOT WHO I AM.

Everything I express is through my artwork.
There is an advantage to
being a mixed media artist...
a believe strongly in that.

Some days a feel compelled to paint...
adding thick layers of materials to the canvas.
Other days... 
working with paper...
transforming very delicate vintage book pages
into something useful, giving it new life.

I get inspired to take
 what others consider trash...
and recycle these materials
transforming them into pieces of art.

Needless to say...
my drafting table is usually messy.
But...
I AM  HAPPY WITH A CREATIVE MESS!
It tells me that I'm being productive.

Of coarse...
there is always room to...
take positive risks...
practice, create, and explore more...
celebrate completing a piece of artwork...
honor your dedication...
and
learn to grow from your mistakes.

As an artist
I want to trust in myself...
grow and move at "God's Speed"














6 comments:

  1. you are you and I wouldn't change a thing.
    Love to you tonite! hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post is very reassuring for everyone in doubt of who they are. I think we all should enjoy the journey and discover as much as we can. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't have said it any better--the best part is finding your passion--it took me a while, but when I did---I knew :) :) and it makes me happy everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay me too! I may not be on any ones walls except my own but I am an artist in my soul. Good bad or indifferent. Love your journal colouring too she looks lovely

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart corrugated cardboard! Great words and I love that little house you created. Thanks for friending me on facebook and looking forward to perusing your blog and your creativity.

    ReplyDelete