Saturday, March 19, 2011

The DIY Postcard Swap 2011

I am very excited to be a part of 
iHanna's
Post Card Swap - year 2

The rules were simple-
*make 10 handmade postcards any style
*mail out by April 8th

HOW INSPIRING, RIGHT...?!
easy directions...
very inspiring and sparks creativity...
have fun and play with your art supplies...
and...
receive beautiful, handmade mail art by other artists.
INSPIRING... 
yes.
First I created colorful backgrounds for the postcards.
tagboard / acrylic paints

Cut paper
4 1/2" x  61/2"


I gathered art materials from my art studio...


and just started playing around...
exploring with different mediums...
just having a great time!


Everything was created so random, I love it!
I enjoy being able to have freedom 
and 
flexibility in my artwork.

What a great project!!
Here is how my postcards turned out...




All 10 completed...
ready to mail.






9 comments:

  1. They all turned out amazing!!! Some lucky people will have those cheery cards in their box. Great job April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I have loads of fun, mail art is great! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy postcards, thanks for sharing your process on making them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your handmade postcards are great. Even though I mostly collect vintage postcards, once in awhile I will make one. Good Job.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive. I love your style! My favorite is the one with kites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cards! I like the kites and those accordion winged hearts... it's so fun seeing what everybody made. Best wishes from germany, tj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun to see your cards, they look so sweet, thanks for sharing.

    EWian

    ReplyDelete