Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March madness! fiber art

March madness...?
what is that all about...?
Fiber art
 really doesn't relate to that at all.

Honestly...
for me 
at this moment, it does.

I've had this on my mind for some time now...
I've been on this craze to create 
paper cloth!
I have no clue why... 
but I do.
And...
I'm going to run with it!



Have you felt that why before...?
Wanted to explore a bit...?
Isn't that what art is all about?
Finding out "who" we truly are...?
What were meant to do as creative people...?
WHAT
IS
STOPPING
YOU?!

I started with some scrap material.
Gave it a watercolor wash.
Used scrap paper...
thread, yarn , shredded cloth, or ribbon.
Endless ideas here.
A close-up of the texture.
Love "texture"
Another one I created.
Using random scraps of paper, napkins and an old dictionary.

Everything was glued down while cloth was wet, very important.
I used "Paper" Mod Podge
(watered down)
Sealed it with "Matte" Mod Podge 

I have had so much fun 
exploring with this technique.
Now...
I've got some beautiful paper cloth.

Take your ideas...
and 
run with them!!





6 comments:

  1. Yay for paper cloth! Time to turn it into a spring skirt or put it on a headband! I am just thinking of the cloth possibilities...

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are fabulous!! gosh I hv so much paper, may hv to try this at some point.. how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! These look so yummy and fabulous! Can't wait to see what you do with them:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome paper cloth! What will you do with it? I did some last year and created yummy postcards with it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! I love that you had no clue why but followed your creativity and did it anyway. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely paper! It would make a great journal cover! Love your blog and your positive affirmations!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete