Tuesday, April 19, 2011

De-stress & Distract- acrylic painted/paper backgrounds

Time out
everyone needs to give me space...!!
Oh yes, you know what I am talking about.
All of us have experienced the symptoms of stress.
Sure, stress is a normal part of life... 
and 
it effects each of us differently.
However, it is clear that too much stress can be an overload...
blocking our creativity.
As creative individuals, we tend to become easily overwhelmed
 by taking on too much at one time.
Give me space!
It is okay, to demand for your creative time.
To be present with yourself, be playful, and create art.
Enjoy the process...
Remove the distractions, this is a must.
Lose yourself in the moment...
and conjure up happy, playful, creative energy.
Gather whatever materials are around you and just create.
Don't focus on the finished project.
Have fun and make art!

This is exactly what I did!
Created by April Cole
Created by April Cole
I had a wonderful time... just being playful.
Gathering random :
acrylic colors
bottle caps
 cut scraps of sponges
wine cork
and
 bubble wrap

Created by April Cole
Now... 
I have some colorful background paper to use for future projects.
I demanded my space.
I was able to be creative.
I got to explore and be playful.
and...
Yes, I found this very relaxing!








3 comments:

  1. love it! guess what i'll be doing with the rest of my day? :) (btw - LOVE painting with bubble wrap!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carving out this time is so important. It can be hard to do..but once we do it doesn't it just feed the soul in amazing ways? :0)

    Love your backgrounds and that you created the time to get creative in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the results of your "playing". I think creating painted background papers like that is just about one of my favorite things to do. That and just cutting and pasting papers to make little collages. All very meditative and therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete