Monday, June 20, 2011

Studio Updates-

Monday Madness...
- Thrifting - Altering Old Book - Creating - Book Order - Crafting -
****
Over the weekend I was busy...
thrift shopping, yard sale searching, creating artful crafts, 
purchased a few magazines/with a coupon,
and 
received a book order form amazon.
Productive weekend indeed!
****

Let's get started...
Found these books at a yard sale
for free!
They just wanted to get rid of them, imagine that!
****
Rummaging through the thrift store, 
which is always super fun!
I came across these straw wreaths .25 each
These definitely can home with me.

Also...
found some muslin, cotton linen, and 
this beautiful black/white printed fabric.

I've got some great crafting ideas for all these treasures
stay tuned...
****
First...
I recreated this project
Vintage Book Expanding File






materials:
old readers digest book
pocket size expanding file
decorative tape
tacky glue
acrylic paints
bubble wrap ( layering & texture)
plastic I.D. pocket & a tag
****
Next...
I created this wreath.


Added this adorable wire heart that I created.
Thought it added a touch of sweetness! 
****
Last...
Books & Magazines... 
how I simply adore them all !
I could swallow them up by the mouth full.
(HA,HAA,HAAA!)

Happy Monday!
What is on your plate for the week ahead?




3 comments:

  1. Wow, you found some great treasures. Books for free and straw wreaths for 25cents, unbelievavle. Enjoy, and have a great creative flight this week. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a delightful and busy weekend! So fun to see your finds and what you've done with them. I tend to do the "finding" but not so much the "doing with them"! You are a good influence on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been very creative with all your new 'treasure'! Love what you did with the book. I too love old books :-)

    ReplyDelete