Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ending or Beginning...?

Project Completed!
***
In the process of completing 
The Flip Flap Journal

I discovered new things about myself and a new found pleasure.


The project might be completed, but for me...
the journey for bookmaking has just begun!


With all the different types of visual art - 
I have taught.
Gained skills and experience from.
Discovered a passion for.
 Explored new techniques...
and
Played with mixed-mediums.
Creating this art journal...
my very own handmade book...
was taking everything which I enjoy working with
and wrapping it all up in this bookbinding adventure!




A calling...
your expressive purpose for creating art...
your whole reason why, you call yourself an artist!
***
I didn't need to discover the things which I enjoy
or have a passion for...
but
I did need to figure out...
how to place all these elements together
pull them together...
 and
make art!
***
And
above all...
being honest with myself helps.
***
That will always be more to learn.
This is a journey...
not a race.

***
What we call the beginning is often the end. 
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
The end is where we start from.
~ T.S. Eliot 

Happy Thursday!










6 comments:

  1. It looks great! I'm still painting my pgs and collaging. Then I'll watch the rest of the videos. Was it hard binding it? Do you have a special use for this journal? I think I'm going to use mine for an illustrated Bible scriptures book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Art! I love the cover. Very nice post, I feel the creation energy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea, Shawn!
    I have not thought of any theme for the art journal... but I will be creating more, so I will keep your idea in mind :]
    The binding is fairly easy, once you get the hang of it, have fun.
    I also, used what I had on hand for the binding, it worked out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you can feel the energy, Nae! :]
    Hope it inspires you to get creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am starting my own book this weekend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete