Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday's Mosaic

Mosaic
The art of creating images with an assemblage of small pieces.
A technique of decorative art; using small, normally rough cubic, stone, glass 
or other materials of different colors to create a pattern or picture.
***
My interpretation 
of a 
Mixed Media Mosaic

What do you get when...
you cut up corrugated cardboard and apply your imagination?

You got it!
Mixed Media Mosaic


















By using the 4" x 4"cardboard I had cut previously...
I apply a verity of
techniques and mediums.



mixed media mosaic
created by: April Cole
***
Go mad... mosaic mad that is!
Happy Monday



6 comments:

  1. Love those cute rabbit and mushroom images! Very "Alice in Wonderland" in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies for stopping by... enjoy your visit & get inspired :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I think I need to have a pla at this to use up my scraps, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh April what lovely work. I love all your mushrooms & rabbits ;0) and the cardboard underneath adds real texture and character. it always a pleasure to visit you. And thank you for your kind words about my recovery ;0) Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super charming! I love the combination of mediums that you've used to create these images!

    ReplyDelete