Thursday, July 19, 2012

Beginning To End

Here we go.
Thought I would share with you how I get started with one of my paintings.


At this moment, I am having a really great time creating on 
compressed corrugated cardboard.
There are a few challenges along the way... 
and this is what makes painting on this material exciting to me!

Once I have painted the background.

I let it rest.

Give it time to tell me what direction I should go.
Sometimes...
I can hear it "screaming" at me, which makes the process fairly easy.
I just go with the flow.
Then there are times, during the process
I do not feel anything or have little interest in the foundation of colors I have created. 

I let it rest.


Then it comes to me... the story starts to unfold 
as I sketch out my thoughts and add layer upon layer of paint.


This painting is at the beginning stages.
There is more to unfold, much to be discovered... a story that will be told. 

Enjoy. 
See with your heart. Feel with your soul. Paint with your hands.


13 comments:

  1. I loved seeing the painting process, I think everyone has a different way to work, and it's interesting to see it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Valerie... "THANK YOU!" ~xx
      Enjoy good friend...
      I know I like to see how other artist create, or start their process as well. :]

      Delete
  2. i am always fascinated by the artist's description of their work in progress. Love the colours and your description of your creating. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beverly
      Enjoy the process... everyone's is slightly different. This is what fascinates me the most!
      Take care. ~xx

      Delete
  3. OOooo ... she's looking good! Will be back to see the next stages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! :]
      Thank you for the encouragement... love your excitement. ~xx

      Delete
  4. I like seeing your process...and I love that you're painting on cardboard. It gives it such a wonderful texture and adds a little mystery, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the corrugated cardboard. It adds such wonderful texture. I love the colors too. Sometimes I like to incorporate oil pastels over the dry paint...it adds another layer of interest to the colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, I love it! Wow you are doing an amazing job and I like how you exposed the inside of the cardboard. really really cool! I can't wait to see the next set of photos! great work April:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fan! :]
      "THANK YOU!" ~xx
      Love the excitement, inspiration words, and the encouragement... always!
      Enjoy... there is more to come.

      Delete
  7. Where do you get your cardboard from?

    ReplyDelete